[Distutils] A process for removal of PyPi entries

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jun 3 04:21:02 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm -1 on anything that doesn't involve at least a minimal level of human
>> involvement (possibly excepting an initial clean up exercise for projects
>> with no author email)
>
> This is why I basically said I'm OK with automatic deletion after a
> time if there are no downloadable packages and no contact information.
> Otherwise the owner should be contacted.

Some people are saying "files uploaded" vs. "downloadable packages".
I don't like the "files uploaded" criterion because IMO it's a
perfectly valid use case to list a package on PyPI which is only
available via external revision control.

Heck, a project that only has planning documents and a reasonably
active mailing list should still qualify for PyPI listing, else the
original distutils-sig would not have qualified for reserving the name
"distutils" on PyPI, before its first release.  ;-)