[Distutils] Setuptools 0.7.2 and Distribute 0.7 (compatibility wrapper) on PyPI

Jason R. Coombs jaraco at jaraco.com
Sun Jun 9 19:49:18 CEST 2013

Is the bitbucket 'raw' source not suitable? It uses the version tag to
indicate precisely which file is appropriate, which means we don't have to
redundantly host that file elsewhere.

Oh, I think I see - there's no link that doesn't change - you want a permalink
for the latest stable release. I hadn't considered that use case, but you're
right - we do want that. Perhaps the file could be added to pythonhosted.org
alongside the documentation. Or maybe it belongs on bitbucket in `downloads`.

I need to figure out which is more straightforward w.r.t. authentication. The
distribute process was messy because it involved SSH and keys that had to be
manually managed.

I'm leaning toward uploading it to BitBucket downloads as part of the release
script.

I'll put ez_setup.py for 0.7.2 in downloads for now. You can assume that's
where the permalink will be.

If anyone has a better suggestion, please raise it.