[Distutils] Permission Denied errors on Windows 7 with buildout 1.7.1

Chris Withers chris at python.org
Mon Jun 10 11:37:42 CEST 2013

On 09/06/2013 23:43, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 09/06/2013 23:39, Chris Withers wrote:
>> This happens every time, on Python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7. I've tried blowing
>> the workspace away, makes no difference:
>>
>> http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/114/PYTHON=2.7,label=windows/console
>>

>> http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/114/PYTHON=2.6,label=windows/console
>>

>> http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/114/PYTHON=2.5,label=windows/console
>>

> Forgot to say, the buildout in question is here:
>
> https://github.com/Simplistix/checker/blob/master/buildout.cfg

So, infuriatingly, I can't reproduce this on another Windows machine.

I've tried blowing away the egg cache on the original machine, no joy,
the error still occurs when the buildout is re-run.

I'm stumped as to what the difference is that's making a difference here...

Any help gratefully received!

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk