[Distutils] buildout 1 still not managing to pin buildout to 1.x

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jun 10 12:22:01 CEST 2013

Hi All,

So, having given up on buildout 2 for this package again (need for 2.5
support) I dutifully put in the bootstrap.py from buildout 1:

curl http://downloads.buildout.org/1/bootstrap.py > bootstrap.py

python2.5 on my mac didn't work, thanks to a broken system python, so on
to 2.6, which appeared to go okay except:

buzzkill:checker chris$ bin/nosetests
zc.buildout 2 needs distribute, not setuptools.  Are you using an
outdated bootstrap.py?  Make sure you have the latest version downloaded
from http://downloads.buildout.org/2/bootstrap.py

Great... Wonderful... I thought 1/bootstrap.py was supposed to pin to
buildout 1 for you without the need for any other voodoo?

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk