[Distutils] Setuptools-Distribute merge announcement

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Thu Mar 14 02:52:24 CET 2013

"Jason R. Coombs" <jaraco at jaraco.com> writes:

> Who is invited to contribute? Who is excluded?

As long as the merged project, whatever it's called, doesn't become as
closed of to community contributions or input as led to the fork in the
first place, a merge seems like a great idea.  Personally, if I have the
option, I'd probably choose to stick to "distribute" until I have some
experience indicating that the merged project won't have the same
problems that led to the original fork.

Meantime, I raise my glass to the merge and to the Distribute developers
for keeping things moving!

Ross