[Distutils] Setuptools-Distribute merge announcement

Carl Meyer carl at oddbird.net
Thu Mar 14 06:34:39 CET 2013

On 03/13/2013 06:54 PM, PJ Eby wrote:
> Jason Coombs (head of the Distribute project) and I are working on
> merging the bulk of the improvements distribute made into the
> setuptools code base.  He has volunteered to take over maintenance of
> setuptools, and I welcome his assistance.

This merge is very good news for Python packaging. Kudos and thanks to
you and Jason.

This also seems like an appropriate opportunity to say: thank you for
building the first working packaging system for Python (the one that all
popular packaging tools are still based on), and for all the work you've
put into it over the years.

Carl