[Distutils] Setuptools-Distribute merge announcement

Adam GROSZER agroszer.ll at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 10:06:09 CET 2013

Hello,

http://winbot.zope.org/builders/distribute_dev%20py_265_win32/builds/202

> That looks like the same problem other people are seeing; the problem
> is that the source you're building from lacks a proper
> setuptools.egg-info/entry_points.txt.  Are you building from revision
> control directly, or from an sdist?

It's built from the bitbucket repo to provide the earliest possible
warnings. Whatever you push there gets tested.

http://winbot.zope.org/builders/distribute_dev%20py_265_win32/builds/202/steps/hg/logs/stdio

> A possible workaround is to build with a working version of setuptools
> or distribute on sys.path when you run setup.py.  The distribute
> modules will get imported, but the egg-info will get picked up from
> elsewhere, enabling the proper functionality.  (Setuptools doesn't
> have this problem because it includes the entry_points.txt and other
> critical .egg-info files in its revision control.)

It's built with an almost pristine python, which has just pywin32 installed.

> It would appear that either the entry_points.txt was recently removed,
> or there was some other workaround for its absence which has recently
> been removed; I have not had time to investigate, and in any case am
> not that familiar with the distribute side of things.

Looks like running
python.exe setup.py test
is the right command to run the tests, isn't it?

--
Best regards,
  Adam GROSZER