[Distutils] A new, experimental packaging tool: distil

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 10:39:28 CET 2013

Paul Moore <p.f.moore <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Interesting! Is the source available anywhere? (Not distil.py, but the

Not in a public VCS repo - I'm not soliciting contributions, as I'm still
experimenting with a few features. But it'd be nice if the packaging-savvy
readers here played with it just as users, and gave some feedback from that
perspective.

> source of the big chunk of embedded zipfile that appears to contain
> the bulk of the functionality...)

That zipfile contains distlib, some CLI support code and a packager.py, which
contains the distil core functionality.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip