[Distutils] A new, experimental packaging tool: distil

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:42:22 CET 2013

On 26 March 2013 08:54, Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I would welcome any feedback you could give regarding distil/distlib. There is
> of course a lot more testing to do, but I consider these initial findings to be
> promising, and worth sharing. If you find any problems, you can raise issues
> at [5].

One other (slight) oddity.

I installed coverage into an empty virtuwlenv based on Python 3.3.

It installed coverage-2.7 and coverage2 executables into Scripts. Why
2.7? Where did it get the idea that this was a Python 2.7
installation? I ran distil with the python 3.3 that is installed in
the virtualenv.

Paul