[Distutils] Builders vs Installers

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 19:04:48 CET 2013

Donald Stufft <donald <at> stufft.io> writes:

> I don't think the packaging formats should dictate the development flow at all.

We might be at cross purposes here. If we posit that packaging metadata is in
JSON format (which I think we both favour), I was addressing Daniel's objection
to it on the grounds that he doesn't like editing JSON, to suggest an alternative
for people with that objection. It doesn't follow that they *have* to use any
particular workflow or tool, or that packaging formats are dictating it (other
than the bare fact that they are JSON).

Regards,

Vinay Sajip