[Distutils] HTTPS and certificate check update for distribute ?

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun May 5 20:48:49 CEST 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> The easiest way is to just bundle the mozilla certs. They do all the work of keeping it up to date and validating them.

Actually, it turns out that there's already a separately-distributed,
separately licensed PyPI package for this:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/certifi

So I've just added support for it to my implementation, so that if the
Windows registry or well-known systemwide locations aren't available,
it'll fall back automatically.  So at this point about all that's left
is docs and command-line options.

I was previously intending to make this stuff part of an 0.6c12
release, but at this point Jason seems to be finishing up most of the
merge work, and this new stuff might need some beta testing anyway, so
probably it'll actually land in post-merge 0.7b stuff.

> If you're only supporting PYthon 2.6+

If that were the case, I'd have been done a *long* time ago.  ;-)
(Setuptools still supports Python 2.3.)