[Distutils] Overriding dependency versions

John Anderson sontek at gmail.com
Mon May 13 09:54:12 CEST 2013

If I have a shared dependency between 2 packages but they have pinned
different versions of a 3rd package, is there a way to override this?

Most of the time when people pin a version they are doing it because they
have tested up to that version, but it doesn't always mean they don't work
with a later version.

For example:

P1:
   sqlalchemy==0.7.6

P2:
  sqlalchemy

P3:
   sqlalchemy==0.8

If I want to to override this for all packages and tell them its fine to
just use 0.8.1 and ignore whatever they were pinned at, can I?