[Distutils] does pypi or red-dove have a better firehose API than "download all the packages"?

David Wilson dw at botanicus.net
Thu May 16 21:46:04 CEST 2013

Would something like http://pypi.h1.botanicus.net/static/dump.txt.gz be
useful to you? (warning: 57mb expanding to 540mb). Each line is a
JSON-encoded dict containing a single package release.

for line in gzip.open('dump.txt.gz'):
    dct = json.loads(line)

etc

The code for it is very simple, would be willing to clean it up and turn it
into a cron job if people found it useful.

Note the dump above is outdated, I only made it as a test.