[Distutils] does pypi or red-dove have a better firehose API than "download all the packages"?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri May 24 18:31:28 CEST 2013

On 24.05.2013 18:18, Donald Stufft wrote:

> On May 24, 2013, at 12:14 PM, "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know how accurate that information is - IIRC pip always runs
>>> egg-info on downloaded archives. I presume this is to get the correct
>>> dependencies which are relevant to the installation system.
>>
>> It would be nice to have the PKG-INFO readily available on the /simple/
>> index pages.
>>
>> This contains the Requires header as well.
>
> The requires headers in the PKG-INFO are practically worthless.

Hmm, looking at a few PKG-INFO entries for Zope packages, I guess you're
right. Looks like setuptools forgets to add the header to the PKG-INFO.

>> At the moment, PKG-INFO is only available on the PyPI edit pages
>> for packages you own, even though access is possible without
>> login:
>>
>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=egenix-mx-base&version=3.2.6&:action=display_pkginfo

It does appear in our PKG-INFO entries:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=egenix-mxodbc&version=3.2.3&:action=display_pkginfo

so I guess setuptools isn't behaving quite right in this respect.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 24 2013)
2013-07-01: EuroPython 2013, Florence, Italy ...           38 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/