[Distutils] Draft PEP for JSON based metadata published

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 29 03:00:52 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> After preliminary reviews by Donald and Daniel, I have now pushed the
> first complete draft of the JSON-based metadata 2.0 proposal to
> python.org
>
> PEP 426 (metadata 2.0): http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0426/
> PEP 440 (versioning): http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/

Based on some offline feedback from Daniel, I'm going to change the
current "type" field in the contact metadata to "role". The name of
the default role will change from "individual" to "contributor", and
projects will be given freedom to define their own roles beyond the
predefined ones. (We're actually stealing this from the way contact
metadata works in PHP's composer).

Cheers,
Nick.