[Distutils] PyPI CDN issues

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed May 29 14:17:19 CEST 2013

Op 29-05-13 14:10, Donald Stufft schreef:
> Are you able to consistently reproduce this? Can you get me output with
> the -v flag to easy_install? E.g. easy_install -v 'zc.buildout<2dev'?
>
> Here's what I get: https://gist.github.com/dstufft/5669826

For zc.buildout it now works, but that may be luck.

If I try it with a different package it sometimes works and sometimes
not, presumably because sometimes a gzipped version of the html file is
returned.

$ bin/easy_install -v pep8
Searching for pep8
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pep8/
No local packages or download links found for pep8
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('pep8')

Trying the same again:

$ bin/easy_install -v pep8
Searching for pep8
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pep8/
Found link:
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pep8/pep8-0.4.2.tar.gz#md5=da8562ef0b18ae9ced210cff742a2d1b
Best match: pep8 1.4.5

And there it goes on to successfully install pep8.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl