[Distutils] changelog / CDN inconsistency

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed May 29 22:44:28 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-28 16:31:02 +0000, Martin v. Löwis said:

> Am 28.05.13 11:04, schrieb Christian Theune:
>> So - what's the next step that can happen ASAP?
>
> In addition to the changes Donald already did, I think it would be
> wise to restart mirroring at min(last_serial, last_mirroring - 1 minute).

We dropped considering serials as timestamps. One of the reasons
pep381client was getting inconsistent was that was abusing something
that is a serial as a timestamp.

Comparing serials and times does not make (too much) sense any longer.

I don't want to introduce this again.

> This will cause any simple pages to be re-downloaded that had been
> updated just before the last mirror run completed.
>
> If you aren't checking md5sums of files after download, you should
> (I always wanted to put this into pep381client).

Right, I managed to include this in bandersnatch.

Christian