[Distutils] Plans for binary wheels, and PyPi and OS-X

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 07:09:33 CET 2013

> The “local wheel” path isn’t the greatest right now, but to do this
>
> # Assumes you’ve already populated the wheelhouse with pip wheel
> pip install —find-links ~/.pip/wheelhouse whatever

fwiw, I found one of the discussions we had ~year ago about "wheel
caching".  https://github.com/pypa/pip/pull/684
at the time, we weren't even sure if wheel was going to get merged, so
something like "pip wheel" (that was outside of the main install pipeline)
seemed like the first step.
but now that things are moving along,  an automatic wheel cache sounds
awesome.