[Distutils] Warehouse - Simple API

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Thu Oct 3 04:57:47 CEST 2013

I've recently deployed the current Warehouse code. So far the
simple API has been implemented and it would be great if
people could point their installers to it and report back to me
if they run into any problems.

The current PyPI simple api is not documented at all so I've had
to reverse engineer it going from what I know, pip, etc. Ideally
if i've missed anything it will be found out with testing from y'all.

You can try the warehouse code by setting your installers to use
the url https://preview-pypi.python.org/simple/ . This url *will* be
removed eventually so do not depend on it. It is backed by the
same database as PyPI so all of the same packages should
exist and be installable. It is not powered by the CDN at the
moment.

I welcome any reports of problems either by response to this thread,
privately to me, or on the issue tracker at Github [1]

[1] https://github.com/dstufft/warehouse/issues

Donald Stufft