[Distutils] URL Structure of Packages URLs

Brian Sutherland brian at vanguardistas.net
Tue Oct 8 16:31:40 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 05:05:54PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 09:19:37AM -0400, Donald Stufft wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone was aware of anything that relies on
> > the current structure of package urls, namely:
> >
> >     /packages/source|any|etc/D/Django-1.0.tar.gz?
> >
> > I would like to change this but before I work up a concrete plan for
> > people to comment on and discuss I'm trying to figure out what, if
> > anything, depends on that current structure.
>
> Some Debian packages have debian/watch files using similar URL patterns

Perhaps "Some" is an understatement ;)

    http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org

lists over 500 packages, almost all of which have watch files (last 2
columns). There are probably quite a few more Debian packages with watch
files not maintained by the Python Modules Team.

--
Brian Sutherland