[Distutils] PEP 453 - virtualenv change to Scripts/bin directory

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 21:31:51 CEST 2013

On 15 October 2013 19:25, Ned Deily <nad at acm.org> wrote:
> It might be worthwhile reviewing the discussion that took place on python-dev
> last year when Van Lindberg proposed changing the Windows file layout,
> including the scripts path.
>
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-March/117552.html

Thanks, I thought this had come up before. As the PEP 453 (bundling
PIP) proposal was originally made by Nick, maybe he would like to
check that any issues covered there are addressed. Personally, I'm
going to focus on the implied virtualenv change, on the assumption
taht PEP 453 is accepted with the Scripts->bin change included (which
is not to say that I won't read that thread, just that I don't
personally have any means to change the PEP itself).

Paul