[Distutils] Curdling: Concurrent package installer for python

Lincoln Clarete lincoln at clarete.li
Mon Oct 28 21:39:15 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've been working on a project called curdling. It's a package manager for
python. It's pretty similar to pip but with a brand new design and way less
lines of code. It uses exciting concurrency technology to provide a
reliable and fast installer for Python packages.

The current feature set includes:

 * Robust Concurrent model: it’s FAST!
 * Really good Error Handling and Report;
 * Conflict resolution for repeated requirements;
 * Distributed Cache System that includes a built-in cache server;
 * Simple command line interface;
 * Usage of bleeding edge technology available in the Python community;
 * Concurrent and Parallel, but Ctrl-C still works;

It's currently a work in progress but I'm pretty excited about its
stability and performance. There's a good amount of documentation available
at

  http://clarete.github.io/curdling

This project uses both wheel and distlib packages as part of the dependency
stack. I'm working on an essay about my experience with both libraries that
I'm planning to share on another opportunity. It will probably be available
under the "Design and Implementation" section in the main website. Feel
free to check it out right now if you don't want to wait:

  http://clarete.github.io/curdling/design-and-implementation.html

Any feedback is highly appreciated.