[Distutils] Specification for a local PyPI simple index

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 17:15:49 CEST 2013

On 9 September 2013 16:11, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> It might match what easy_install looks for but it's not up to date. I think it's
> still written as if the simple index had not been created. That being said
> it'll probably mostly work. One of my steps I want to do with warehouse
> is actually get this codified.

Sigh. That's what I thought :-(

Particularly as I don't actually want it to work with easy_install,
but rather with pip. OK, I guess I'll just have to go with what that
page and reverse-engineer from there. Warehouse (or at least something
with an actual *spec*) can't come too soon for me...

Thanks for the clarifications on the other points, too.

Paul