[Distutils] pip does not work as expected from a zip

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 17:11:27 CEST 2013

Daniel Holth <dholth <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It ought to be able to find the .dist-info or .egg-info directories
> inside the .pyz?

Perhaps, but as I didn't actually install those distributions, no .dist-info
or .egg-info were available, and so not present in the .pyz.

If we want better uptake of .zip-bundled applications as per PEP 441, ISTM
we shouldn't *require* such directories to be placed inside .zip files.

Does pyzaa create such directories inside .zip files it makes?

Regards,

Vinay Sajip