[Distutils] Packaging panel in Montreal next year?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 01:57:59 CEST 2013

I could make it this time.

I was considering submitting a talk about a library I have been working on
recently for dependency solving. Would that fall into what you had in mind ?

It is designed to be fairly agnostic toward metadata format, installation
scheme, etc... It handles arbitrary dependency, the concept of
replaces/obsolete, and provides. The current code live at
https://github.com/enthought/depsolver

I haven't announced yet because it still needs some improvements, but a
similar design has been proved to work fairly well for php (composer),
OpenSuse (libzypp) and considered for Fedora (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DNF).

David