[Distutils] Remove the "Mirror Authenticity" API

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 04:16:01 CEST 2013

On 29 September 2013 11:10, Noah Kantrowitz <noah at coderanger.net> wrote:
> +1
>
> --Noah

Deprecating it as a consequence of PEP 449 makes sense, but is there
any urgency to dropping it?

I'm not necessarily opposed to removing it, but what's the specific
*gain* in doing so? If it's just a matter of wanting to skip
implementing it for Warehouse, then I'd say +1 to leaving it out of
the API reimplementation, but I don't yet see the advantage in
removing it from the existing PyPI code base.

If we do remove it, then it should probably only be after all the old
autodiscovery domain names have been redirected back to the main PyPI
server.

Cheers,
Nick.