[Distutils] Standard packaging API? (was Re: Are there any plans to move to pip/wheels in buildout?)

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 20:54:18 CET 2014

AFAIK pip does use distlib (it is vendored by pip), but only for some ancillary functions such as pre-release version checks.
I'm not sure it's a good idea to use pip's internal API (as it's internal, and I don't believe it's been designed for use as a library by external code).
Regards,
Vinay Sajip      From: Leonardo Rochael Almeida <leorochael at gmail.com>