[Distutils] Are there any plans to move to pip/wheels in buildout?

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Dec 2 11:26:21 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 02:55:35PM +0100, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
> Are there any plans to move from easy_install/eggs to pip/wheels in buildout?

No plans, AFAIK.  But if setuptools/easy_install gained native support
for wheels, buildout would get it too.  Are there any plans to add
native wheel support to easy_install?

> I have an impression that buildout project has stagnated which is
> unfortunate taking into consideration how much python packaging has
> changed recently.

Very unfortunate.

(I'm trying to avoid buildout for new projects, but scripting around
Virtualenv with Makefiles is sometimes rather clumsy.)

Marius Gedminas
--
HOST SYSTEM RESPONDING, PROBABLY UP...