[Distutils] pip 6? (was Re: change in setuptools 8.0)

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Dec 16 12:41:38 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 05:47:09PM -0500, Donald Stufft wrote:
> Great. We're gonna hopefully release pip 6 this week.

IIRC I saw it said somewhere that virtualenv's releases are tied to the
pip release schedule.  In that case I'd like to bring
https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/673 to your attention, because
it's a regression that breaks virtualenv -p and therefore tox.

(There are two alternative fixes, PR #674 and PR #672.)

Marius Gedminas
--
I spent a lot of time in the Java world. I'm so glad I'm on Planet Python
now :-)