[Distutils] Release: pip 6.0 and virtualenv 12.0
donald at stufft.io
Mon Dec 22 19:32:00 CET 2014
I'm happy to announce the release of pip 6.0 and virtualenv 12.0.
A High level overview of what this brings:
* PEP 440 is fully implemented now and pip will use specifiers and the version
selection logic as specified there.
* HTTP access will now be cached by default in pip, speeding up repeated
downloads of the same file automatically.
* Randomized and secure build directories are used by default in most
* Accessing an insecure origin (Invalid HTTPS or HTTP) by default is now
deprecated. For HTTP this will continue to work in pip 6.0 but raise a
warning and for HTTPS this will not work. You may use
--trusted-host example.com to re-enable this on a per-host basis.
* Added per-virtualenv and a machine global configuration file, as well as
support platform standard directories for configuration.
* Support environment markers inside of a requirements file.
* Support environment markers inside of a setuptools extra.
* Automatically retry failed HTTP requests.
* Greatly reduce the verbosity of the pip command by default.
* Updated virtualenv to have setuptools 8.2.1 and pip 6.0 bundled.
* Many many bugfixes and smaller changes.
As always please file any issues with either https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues
PGP: 7C6B 7C5D 5E2B 6356 A926 F04F 6E3C BCE9 3372 DCFA
More information about the Distutils-SIG