[Distutils] PEP440: foo-X.Y.Z does not satisfy "foo>X.Y"?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 15:23:48 CET 2014

On 25 Dec 2014 03:25, "Marcus Smith" <qwcode at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It *should* be being kept in sync with the published versions, but
Donald and I have just been working directly in the main PEP repo recently.

>> Hence my suggestion of moving it to GitHub - it's more likely to be kept
up to date there, and, unlike the master PEP repo, I'm happy to host the
working drafts and issue tracker for the metadata PEPs wherever folks find
them most convenient to work with.

> I'd suggest pypa/peps on github (i.e. a more general name than
pypi-metadata-formats)
> and ideally change the name of the pep src file after it has a pep
number. (i.e. from versioning.rst to pep0440.rst)
> also, maybe isolate the named drafts (with no number) in a "drafts"
folder.

Perhaps a "published" subfolder for snapshots of the released versions? The
reason I went with the named drafts (rather than numbered) is because full
spec revisions will get a new PEP number, but I figured it would be
desirable to have a full version history under source control (rather than
having to chase it across multiple files).

Cheers,
Nick.