[Distutils] Detecting rst errors when uploading to pypi

John Anderson sontek at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 05:26:50 CET 2014

Hey, I'm trying to get my README to render properly on pypi but I haven't
found a way to detect the errors pypi is experiencing.

The package I'm trying to upload is here:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyramid_celery

I've checked the README.rst with restview, rst2html, and
collective.showdocs and they all render the RST just fine.

It seems like I'm not the only one having this issue:
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/issue/161/rest-formatting-fails-and-there-is-no-way

So what is the recommended route for debugging the problem?  I would really
like to fix it but without know the problem I would just to make random
guesses.

Thanks,
John