[Distutils] PEX at Twitter (re: PEX - Twitter's multi-platform executable archive format for Python)

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 1 18:40:35 CET 2014

On Sat, 1/2/14, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:

> I never said anything gets magically better on GitHub, I
> told you the reason why *I* haven’t bothered to try it.

And I'm OK with that.

> Distlib is a significantly different case, it’s a library that is going to be
> directly useful for a very small population of people. The vast majority
> of people do not have any need or desire to directly work with distlib.

And your point is? This is distutils-sig, not python-list: it's the only
reasonable place to try and solicit feedback for something like distlib.
I'm not *complaining* that I haven't had much feedback - just stating it.
To state the bleedin' obvious, I don't expect to have any say in how
other people spend their time, and I hope I didn't give any contrary
expectation.

> I can guarantee you that if distlib wasn’t released under an
> OSS license that pip wouldn’t have used it

Sure, but I assume it wasn't used *just* because of the license. It
has to be useful in some way too.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip