[Distutils] Deleting legacy contents from core install guide?

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 22:48:35 CET 2014

> However, after thinking a little more on the challenge, I believe the
> lower level legacy content should fit right in as a new subsection in
> the distutils docs at http://docs.python.org/3/distutils/index.html.

There's 3 things right now:

1. http://docs.python.org/3/distutils/index.html    ("Installing Python
Modules")
2. http://docs.python.org/3/install/index.html  ("Distributing Python
Modules")
3. http://docs.python.org/3/library/distutils.html  ("28.15. distutils")

I was thinking that #1 and #2 should disappear (or just provide a link to
the PUG).
I don't think you should bother to recreate any more guides in the
python.org docs.
The valuable "reference" content in #1 and #2 should be refactored into #3.

I'm willing to work on a patch for this, if you agree.