[Distutils] PyPI Migrated to New Infrastructure with some Breakage

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jan 27 14:31:07 CET 2014

> I haven’t looked into it yet simply out of a function of time. Obviously PyPI is checking
> if it’s being accessed via HTTPS somehow, and obviously (due to the nature of the
> error) it doesn’t believe it is being accessed via HTTPS. Since I know that it shouldn’t
> be possible to access PyPI via non HTTPS I can only deduce that however it’s
> determining that it’s running behind HTTPS isn’t working for one reason or another.
>
> I don’t really know more than that at the moment.

See the line in the ticket.

https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/issue/85/oauth-authorise-not-found-https-must-be
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/src/099a6bb6e4f23f61d2dc2117d36f86fd3dfd57e2/webui.py?at=default#cl-3592

The "HTTPS" environment variable is not set, which ought to have the
value "on" if access came through https.

The issue is probably this:

http://lists.unbit.it/pipermail/uwsgi/2010-August/000561.html

So a line

uwsgi_param HTTPS on;

in

https://github.com/python/pypi-salt/blob/master/provisioning/salt/roots/salt/nginx/config/nginx.ssl.conf.jinja

should help, or alternatively a conditional line in pypi's app.conf,
condition on the scheme being https. On dinsdale, the old nginx
configuration had the line

uwsgi_param HTTPS $https if_not_empty;

so I'm pretty sure it worked when I moved the service to OSL.

Regards,
Martin