[Distutils] Using Wheel with zipimport

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Wed Jan 29 12:58:51 CET 2014

That doesn't really speak to the fact they were designed for that. If I read that it looks like some commenting that they are importable (which as it stands they are) and not someone calling it a supported feature of the format. It even states that the format is designed primarily for distribution. Given that the PEPs text had always been contrary to the position that wheels were designed to be importable I don't think you can draw any other conclusion.