[Distutils] setup.py sdist not including my README.md

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Thu Jul 17 10:35:03 CEST 2014

Thanks for the feedback, Josh.

The Python 3 version of the distutils documentation is far improved on this
topic, I believe (though please, file a bug / change if you can improve it
:)

   https://docs.python.org/3/distutils/sourcedist.html#manifest

The setuptools documentation is part of the repository at
https://bitbucket.org/pypa/setuptools/src in the docs directory, so you
could file a bug against that project, or even submit a pull request to it
if you're comfortable with that.

I believe it would be sensible to redirect from the distribute
documentation to setuptools... what does distutils-sig think? I also
noticed that the setuptools project front page (aka the README) still
promotes easy_install - should that be updated?

     Richard