[Distutils] setuptools develop command garbles binary files specified as scripts setup() parameter on windows

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 21:50:03 CEST 2014

On 17 Jul 2014 15:10, "Paul Moore" <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Longer term, maybe your use case is something that we could support
> via Metadata 2.0.

For the record, the current draft of the python.commands extension in PEP
459 does indeed include support for reporting prebuilt commands:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0459/#the-python-commands-extension

The draft metadata extensions haven't really been properly reviewed yet,
though. For pip 1.6, Donald and I have been focused on hammering PEP 440
into shape.

IIRC, we had one outstanding issue to resolve before bringing that back to
the list, but travel has currently fried my brain, so I don't recall off
the top of my head what it was.

Cheers,
Nick.