[Distutils] Installing Statsmodel

Matthew Iversen matt at notevencode.com
Tue Jun 3 07:51:34 CEST 2014

On 03/06/14 08:03, Wesley Huang wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am using a Mac and trying to install the package called statsmodel.
> Based on available downloads, it seems i can only get it if i have a
> PC? Or if not true, can you link me to where I'd be able to download it?

This is a binary package that depends on numpy, scipy, pandas and
cython, at the least.

These packages are also binary packages, that are best compiled for you
by someone who knows how to make efficient binaries of them.

The easiest way to get these packages probably begins by looking at

http://www.scipy.org/install.html
http://www.scipy.org/scipylib/download.html

Matt Iversen // matt at notevencode.com
PGP: 0xc046e8a874522973 // 2F04 3DCC D6E6 D5AC D262  2E0B C046 E8A8 7452 2973