[Distutils] wheels and installation time

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jun 12 11:21:57 CEST 2014

In the past reportlab used .exe packages for the various windows distributions.
However, we recently decided to use wheels. With patches to support cross
platform compilation I can build these on win xp win32 for win32 & amd64. The
wheels themselves work fine.

However, in the past we used to support installation time options eg create a
start menu folder where some of our scripts could be easily found, desktop icons
etc etc. I looked in the pip 1.5.6 code, but could not see any place where
installation time scripts could be built. Is there a way to get scripts run at
installation time?
--
Robin Becker