[Distutils] Setuptools 4.0 and 4.0.1 superseded by 3.8.1

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Jun 14 16:53:32 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-14 14:25:02 +0000 (+0000), Jason R. Coombs wrote:
[...]
> I’ve removed all versions of Setuptools 4.x and closed that
> branch. [...] Please use Setuptools 3.8.1 or later.
[...]

Are most of the PyPI mirror tools out there smart enough to remove
packages which have been deleted from PyPI? People who are running
their own mirrors should probably check and take action as needed.
(I know I'm going to need to either delete copies from our CI
mirror, or more likely blacklist 4.x in all our requirements files
since I can't know the state of anyone else's mirrors.)
--
{ PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); FINGER( fungi at cthulhu.yuggoth.org );
WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ ); IRC( fungi at irc.yuggoth.org#ccl );