[Distutils] Need for respect

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Thu May 15 19:12:11 CEST 2014

On May 15, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Stefan Krah <stefan-usenet at bytereef.org> wrote:

> Ian Cordasco <graffatcolmingov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Stefan Krah
>> <stefan-usenet at bytereef.org> wrote:

>>> Really? How about the previous revision:
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Python_Package_Index&oldid=575596902
>>>

>>> Or Jeremy Hylton's link:
>>>
>>> https://www.python.org/~jeremy/weblog/030924.html
>>>

>>> If anything, this edit is part of the ongoing reeducation and indoctrination.
>>
>> There is no conspiracy. Python.org's wiki refers to PyPI as a
>> distribution mechanism:
>>
>>> PyPI, the Python Package Index, is a web-based software catalogue and distribution mechanism.

I don't understand your point at all tbh. PyPI was started as an index, however
it's no longer primarily an index. If the only thing you have to stand on is
the fact that a name chosen before the community at large decided to change
it's purpose through their usage patterns then I'm not particularly convinced.

Donald Stufft