[Distutils] Call for information - What assumptions can I make about Unix users' access to Windows?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 15:17:05 CET 2014

On 9 November 2014 13:04, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding winrm, note that it can be fairly complicated to set it up on the
> windows side.

For my simple test, "winrm quickconfig" worked OK.

Having said all this, though, I'm not sure that hiding the Windows
environment this thoroughly is productive. If you just want to build
wheels, and you don't intend to be debugging Windows issues on the
Windows box, then Appveyor is probably more appropriate (see
https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/appveyor.html). If you want an
actual Windows environment, surely you expect to need to log onto it?

Paul