[Distutils] logs/download numbers on pypi decreased a lot

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Nov 11 13:22:25 CET 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 07:10 -0500, Donald Stufft wrote:
> > Hi Donald, all,
> >
> > i noticed that for several packages daily download numbers are only a
> > tenth or so of what they used to be.  This occurs since about a couple
> > of days or a week ago.  Any known reason?
> >
> > cheers,
> > holger
>
> As far as I know there have been no changes on our end. Fastly might
> have changed something.

Any chance to find out from them?  If we have such unexplained changes
in download numbers the question is if those numbers make any sense at
all currently.

FWIW you can still see the change in the current data.  If you look
at e.g. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/matplotlib/
you'll see monthly download of around 135K and daily of ~400 -- if
you multiply the latter by 30 you arrive at around 12K -- hence my
"only a tenth".

holger