[Distutils] Wheels and dependent third party dlls on windows

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 2 18:12:13 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:44 PM, David Genest <david.genest at ubisoft.com>
wrote:

> We control our environment and package only what is needed in it. This
> makes a micro system in which everything is controlled and isolated, even
> the global dlls (to the virtual env) I wanted to install.

If that is your use case, you may want to take a good lok at conda -- that
is exactly what it is for -- why re-invent the wheel? ( sorry ).

Note that while conda is the package manger for Anaconda, it can also be
used to build your own distribution, you wouldn't need to adopt Anaconda as
a platform.

-Chris

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov