[Distutils] setup.py develop issues

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 21:29:59 CEST 2014

using pip on your setup.py works for me (in py2.7 though)

D:\test> make-project.bat

D:\test> pip install --editable project\.
Obtaining file:///d%7C%5Ctest%5Cproject
  Running setup.py egg_info for package from file:///d%7C%5Ctest%5Cproject

Installing collected packages: project
  Running setup.py develop for project

    Creating c:\python27\arcgis10.2\lib\site-packages\project.egg-link
(link to .)
    Adding project 0.0.0 to easy-install.pth file

    Installed d:\test\project
Successfully installed project
Cleaning up...

D:\test> python -c "import project"