[Distutils] twine: Binary wheel for an unsupported platform

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:07:03 CET 2014

On 28 October 2014 14:04, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> I guess I am doing something wrong, but what?
> (I took "linux_x86_64" after PEP 427 and 425)

Oops, I mentioned this in another thread but forgot it when responding
to you. Sorry.

PyPI does not currently allow uploading binary wheels for Linux,
because the "compatibility tags" issues are unresolved, and the
decision was taken to block binary uploads rather than cause user
confusion when pip started installing unusable binaries.

Paul