[Distutils] Get dependencies of a package without full download

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:02:48 CEST 2015

On 2 April 2015 at 20:27, Thomas Güttler <guettliml at thomas-guettler.de> wrote:
> I hate the "ORs" and "IFs" in the python packaging world.
>
> Can't it be done "condition less"?

Unfortunately, that's currently only possible for programming
languages tailored primarily for a specific usage domain and with
relatively young packaging systems that got to benefit (or not) from
everyone else's software distribution experience without backwards
compatibility concerns.

> I want a stupid straight forward step by step way.

Aye, so do we, the 17 years of history since distutils was first
released just makes life a little interesting trying to get there :)

Cheers,
Nick.