[Distutils] name of the dependency problem

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 15 20:44:36 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-15 12:09:04 +0100 (+0100), Robin Becker wrote:
> After again finding that pip doesn't have a correct dependency
> resolution solution a colleage and I discussed the nature of the
> problem.
[...]

Before the discussion of possible solutions heads too far afield,
it's worth noting that this was identified years ago and has a
pending feature request looking for people pitching in on
implementation. It's perhaps better discussed at
https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/988 so as to avoid too much
repetition.
--
Jeremy Stanley