[Distutils] pywin32 on wheels [was: Beyond wheels 1.0: helping downstream, FHS and more]

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:51:08 CEST 2015

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that "wheel convert"
can turn bdist_wininst .exe's to wheels. Both formats are designed to
preserve all the distutils file categories. In the future it would be
nice if the bdist_wininst .exe wrapper used wheel instead of its own
format. Then a single file would both be the Windows installer and a
valid wheel (except for the extension).